Saturday, May 17, 2008

First Few Days Back At Work

It's been a month already when I started working again. Gone are the boring days when I was just at home waiting when the day will be over. I have a hectic schedule right now. I know it's busy working in the dialysis unit. Being a returnee worker in my job, I have to chit-chat with my patients that I've just met again after almost a year of staying home. All of them still remember me. Some already lost their eye sight, yet they were still able to recognize my voice. It hurts to know that some are deteriorating but I am glad for those who stay at their optimum level of health. I've also met new clients that I've never seen before, I'm still establishing rapport with them and making friends not only to the patients but as well as with their SOs. It's really a great opportunity to be with my clients again. I consider them as my friends. My heart tells me that this is what I wanted to do. I love taking care of people and I am so comfortable doing it. I needed just little adjustment to be able to be always on the go. I got easily tired during the first week of working. After a week of reorienting myself to the unit, I regained my skills and speed. That was awesome, since all I thought I will start from the very beginning of being clueless.

I've also met new co-workers and most of them are fun to be with, not to mention that we went island hopping with the whole unit staff. That was really cool!!! The outing also helped me adjusted easily wit
h the people around including the trainees. In addition,
I found out that I'm learning new things each day even I was working before. There are new styles and techniques in dealing both the client and the machine that were just being implemented in the unit.

Indeed, my first few days back to work are wonderful times to be reoriented not only to my main career but continuing and building friendship with nice people.


No comments: