Saturday, May 24, 2008

First Time Leading Out Charobix

It was a busy week for me. I've been working so hard these past few days and had no time with other stuff. I got a text message from a friend and a co-officer of the health organization that I am a part of. He told me that we will have a pictorial including other officers of the Health Action Team to be placed in tarpaulin. Hmmm... sounds exciting. There must be an upcoming program. I was not able to attend the previous meetings since because of the conflicts from my work schedule. I went to meet the team in the studio and we had fun with our photo session. hehehe. After that, we went to meet the health director for the final briefing. I found that there will be a celebration of World Non-Tobacco Week. I just knew that I was chosen to lead out the Charobix in People's Park as part of the opening program aside from the fun run. Even if I wanted to say no, I was not able to since they already plotted the schedule and the committee heads. Being a committed individual in the organization, I accepted the challenge. It will be a good venue to expose my talent(hahaha).

Charobix is a simple exercise for all walks of life. It is for both young and old. It is composed of 4 parts. The first part mainly involves the lower extremities. The second part requires arm movements. The third and the fourth parts are more complicated than the first two since these need coordinated movements and challenging combinations.

Certainly, everyone had fun as Mai (my charobix buddy) and I led out the exercise. Almost all easily followed the steps and looked forward for another charobix round. lol. Though I was not able to sleep well the night before the task, I feel happy how people responded. It was such a fulfilling day that many participated not only to the exercise but as well as celebrating the World-Non Tobacco Day as being promoted by the city government. I just like the thought that I am contributing in the promotion of health of the community.

For those who want to know more of what Charobix is, here's the link that you can visit;
http://www.hope4city.com/services/charobix.html#set1

4 comments:

tx sweetie said...

hi just dropped wanted to say hi.found your URL on WOF.hope to see u around

Silly Chili said...

Thanks for dropping by texas_sweetie

Anonymous said...

Hi just dropping your blog, happy weekend! :)

A Nonconformist Shopper said...

halo al-t, musta na...laag laag lang ko...naa ka bulad diha...gimingaw na jud ko ug bulad...LOL! - tes